Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27, 2014

Yesterday we explored our island - which is called Pine Island by the way.  It is a nice island depending on where you are.  I do appreciate the setting of our RV park now that I've seen a couple others here on the island.  Later we drove out to Sanibel Island, our true destination on this western coast of Florida.  Well,  as we saw in Miami, it was bumper to bumper traffic.  Although THIS time, that was a good thing.  Often when we are slowed down to a crawl, Paul opens the side windows so the dogs can enjoy the breeze and all the new smells.  And to refresh your memory...
because they like it, especially Miss Maizy.

The road was a small two lane highway.  (again, a GOOD thing)

You just have to picture the earlier bumper to bumper traffic.

Paul and I had just wondered if we needed to worry about Maizy jumping out the now open window.  That question was answered almost immediately.  The answer:  YES!!!  She did indeed jump out the window on this crowded road ( because she spied a cool bird) - nearly giving us heart attacks.   Paul slammed on the brakes,  I jumped out of the truck, running, screaming her name.  She of course looked over her shoulder and ran quickly....in the opposite direction!!!  I headed back to the truck for my secret weapon..crackers.  I have discovered she will come if she sees a cracker in my hand.  As I rounded the front of the truck I was grateful to see that the opposing traffic had stopped...because Maizy was now in the middle of the road BEHIND the truck!  Paul called and she came toward him, but avoided his outreached hands and, thankfully, came to me for the cracker.   I Grabbed her, tossed her in the back seat (mostly gently) and we continued on our way.  I wonder what the people behind us said when they saw this little dog fly out the window??  From this point on the window will stay up at all times.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Glad to see your still having fun. :) Thanks for sharing! I like all the pictures. Do you guys have a mobile hot spot?

    ReplyDelete