Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25 #2

Today we drove along Highway 41 from Kendall (near Miami) to Sanibel Island.  We aren't really ON Sanibel Island because their RV parks are outrageous.  Paul found a small (and I do mean SMALL) family run RV park on the island above Sanibel (I forgot the name of this island).  The people are very friendly - as soon as Paul got us tucked in they invited us in for a fish fry - yummo.  I just ate the slaw and pasta salad.  It's right on a channel that goes directly into the Gulf of Mexico.  I tried to get pics of the dolphin that were feeding right off the end of the dock but they were too quick - chasing their fish dinners.  Speaking of fish dinner  = I forgot to add a pic I got of a gator eating his sushi yesterday in the glades.  Will post that and the pics of the gators we saw today - they were literally just a few yards off the road - yikes - wouldn't want to break down on highway 41 at night!!
Sushi for lunch!!




  
Sugar Sands RV Park


I saw dolphins off this dock.
 And here we are, on the left.  See what I mean - this is the whole park!!

No comments:

Post a Comment