Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8th

Time sure flies when you travel.  Back to Fayetteville, Arkansas...what a lovely college community.  Old buildings, friendly people.  I couldn't believe the sorority/fraternity houses..now I know why you have to have money to belong to one, someone has to pay for upkeep and maintenance of these places.  They look like sets from a movie!!



And this lovely building is called "The Old Main".  It is THE original building that housed the University of Arkansas.  

I have never experienced a state that is so rabid about a college football team.  There are Razorback pennants, posters and bumperstickers everywhere in the state of Arkansas.  As my kin come from Arkansas, and as my father rooted for them until he died there is something of a pull on my heartstrings for this town and campus.  We had to buy t-shirts of course.  And I've never seen a lovlier stadium at a college - someone is plunking down some serious alumni $$$!!!




We visited a lovely botanical garden in Fayattville full of lovely blooming things and whimsical art.



                                                            ,,,,,,,,,,,

Our son had visited Fayetteville once upon a time and recommended we visit Devil's Den State Park - good suggestion.  We actually had a sunny day and enjoyed hiking one of the trails.  The lake was lovely and made me wish it was hot enough to get in.  It was originally constructed by the CCC and is used heavily for family camping in the summertime.  We saw more wild flowers in the park than anywhere else in AR.  The dogs loved sniffing out wild things of course.  











I was tempted to go into this business and find out if I was related to them!!

Random shots of Fayetteville, including a bank resourceful enough to use a historic "building" for their business and to show a sense of humor as well....













No comments:

Post a Comment