Wednesday, April 2, 2014

oops...forgot a few more randoms....


This flamingo was in a protected environment.  There are very few flamingos in Florida anymore.  Boooo!


Chickens are everywhere

in Key West.

Parking lots, sidewalks....


at your feet in restaurants!  
 The roosters were introduced many, many years ago when cock fights were legal.  The fights are over, the chickens are protected.
on front porches

in local art
 If you kill one, $500 fine!
I don't know why - I just took this pic cause I am continually surprised at what some women consider proper footwear to walk around in.
Last thought about the roosters - we were serenaded every morning by a cacophonous chorus of crowing!  If I lived in Key West, I might be tempted to just pay the $500 fine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment