Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sitting in a McDonald's in Midlothion, TX.  Spent a lovely evening in the Wal Mart Parking lot.  It wasn't so bad - well lit, nice neighborhood, very clean.  And of course we had to go in and buy some stuff!!  Wal Mart is good to allow travelers overnight accommodations - wonder if others spend money in almost every one of them like we do?

The travel yesterday was lovely too -  took the back roads - the Texas Blue Bonnet Trail - no large fields of bluebonnets but many "pockets" of flowers - they look like our lupine - here they have red poppies so when you spy a group of blue bonnets with the red poppies in it - spectacular!

Forgot to mention at beginning of the trip  that I had an interesting "experience" - not sure what else to call it. I took my friend Evelyn out to see my 5th wheel - I'm always proud to show it off.  Well, when we opened the door we were greeted by a not-so-pleasant odor.  Later Paul went to check it out and read the instructions on the odor chemicals we use in the black water tank.  He added more since we had clearly not used enough....but that wasn't the reason for the lovely fragrance.  As I loaded for the trip for some reason I opened the microwave and there .... having sat for at least 3 or 4 months.....was a lovely bowl of BEANS!!  What glorious colors and textures on top of those beans.  How did I forget those??  Anyway, origin of odor discovered and rectified.   Note to self:  add to list...check microwave when trip is over!

1 comment:

  1. Check the drawers too. I've found stuff in the freezer, coffee pot and microwave after the trip.

    ReplyDelete