Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Had blog problems....again...so thus the delay between posts.  I've discovered I CAN write it in Word when I'm traveling and then post it in the blog but there was a glitch - my I.T. guy helped me out and I'm in business again.
..........
We are  NOT birders....REALLY!!!

After Nashville we traveled down to Galveston, Texas.  Silly me - I did not look on any maps and do my geography homework so I had no idea Galveston was NOT a city on the coast of Texas, it is an island unto itself!!  Yay - I was so excited to get there and see the ocean - we had a great camp space and could see the ocean right out the back window (thanks again to the McKees for suggested we buy a rear living 5th wheel!).


Sunrise out the back window!

Galveston was fun - this time of year.  We suppose that in summer it is a zoo!  Lots of condos and hotels.  There's one street that goes the entire length of the island.  It was surprising to see ocean and then across the road fields full of cows.

We were there to search for the Roseate Spoonbill.  After many attempts we called the Visitor's Center and a nature conservancy and were told where to go - the Rookery on High Island.  Eureka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment